M.B.A – SHIPPING AND LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT (2 Years Course)
- M.B.A - Shipping and Logistics Management Course is approved & conducted under collaboration with the Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu.
Objectives & Job Opportunities:
The need for management education in today's world for effective performance is a forgone conclusion. While experience might have been the backbone of effective performance in the corporate world of yesterday, knowledge and continuous learning is the mainstay amongst the best organizations of today. Today, Supply Chain Management (SCM) is emerging as a full-fledged discipline in its own right. Careers can be started and made in SCM, departments are being reorganized into ' Supply Chain', 'Logistics' headings and a great deal of strategic vision has come into being.
The primary objective of this course is to provide the participant with the critical knowledge of logistics and supply chain management and the ability to apply this information in the workplace whether in the management of a firm's related activities or within the scope of the logistics service provider's activities.
To give participants an understanding that the problems and issues within the respective fields of logistics and supply chain are invariably complex, and require clear reasoning and analysis, in order to derive an appropriate course of action.
To incorporate and learn the critical elements of Logistics and Supply Chain Management processes.
- Two years full time programmes. (both Regular and Distance mode)
- No. of semesters : Two semester each in the1st and 2nd year for the fulltime MBA program, 1st to 3rd semester programme are class room teaching and 4th semester will be exclusively on-site/ on job training in an institution engaged in maritime activities.
- Duration of one semester : In Regular Mode: 15 weeks of direct teaching and 2- 3 weeks for examination and related activities (beginning from July/August to December and January to April/May in each academic year). Classes will be conducted from Monday to Friday (9.00 Am to 4.00 Pm) 75% Attendance is Compulsory for every Semester
In Distance Mode: For Every Semester, 72 hrs of Contact Classes will be Conducted at Chennai (On Saturday and Sunday) Minimum 50% Attendance will be required.
- Credit requirements : A total of 96 credit hours (one credit hour is equal to 15 hours of class room teaching)
- Project duration :Eight to 12 weeks after the 3rd semester for the programme.
- Attendance : For completing the programme, Attendance in 75% of the total sessions is necessary. However it is desirable to maintain a reasonable level of attendance in every course.
- Eligibilty : Any degree from a recognized University with 50 % marks.(OR) Mariners holding the following professional qualification obtained after a minimum duration of study-cum-training of 6 years after 10+2 leading to:
a) Master Foreign Going Certificate of Competency.(OR)
b) First Class Motor or Steam or Combined (Chief Engineer) Certificate of Competency issued by the Directorate General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, Government of India or its counterparts in other countries. Gender -Boys and Girls are eligible to apply
Registration of Seats :
Candidates should submit duly filled application forms along with DD of amount Rs.10,000 drawn in favour of “International Maritime Academy”, payable at Chennai for registration of seats.
M.B.A fee Structure – Regular
Tution Fees Rs. 40,000/ Semester
M.B.A fee Structure – Distance Education
Tution Fees Rs. 20,000/ Semester