M.B.A – SHIPPING AND MARINE INSURANCE MANAGEMENT (2 Years Course)
- M.I.B – Programme in International Business Course is approved & conducted under collaboration with Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu.
Objectives & Job Opportunities:
An IMA program for insurance professionals is designed to expand the knowledge of marine insurance. It includes the areas of expertise of ocean marine insurance, inland marine insurance, principles of risk management and insurance, insurance company operations, legal environment of insurance and management. This program of study is recommended for individuals involved in the areas of ocean marine and inland marine insurance. The AMIM program was developed with the technical and financial assistance of the Inland Marine Underwriters Association and the American Institute of Marine Underwriters. Marine insurance is the oldest line of insurance.
- Two years full time programmes. (both Regular and Distance mode)
- No. of semesters : Two semester each in the1st and 2nd year for the fulltime MBA program, 1st to 3rd semester programme are class room teaching and 4th semester will be exclusively on-site/ on job training in an institution engaged in maritime activities.
- Duration of one semester : In Regular Mode: 15 weeks of direct teaching and 2- 3 weeks for examination and related activities (beginning from July/August to December and January to April/May in each academic year). Classes will be conducted from Monday to Friday (9.00 Am to 4.00 Pm) 75% Attendance is Compulsory for every Semester
In Distance Mode: For Every Semester, 72 hrs of Contact Classes will be Conducted at Chennai (On Saturday and Sunday) Minimum 50% Attendance will be required.
- Credit requirements : A total of 96 credit hours (one credit hour is equal to 15 hours of class room teaching)
- Project duration :Eight to 12 weeks after the 3rd semester for the programme
- Attendance :For completing the programme, Attendance in 75% of the total sessions is necessary. However it is desirable to maintain a reasonable level of attendance in every course.
- Eligibilty : Any degree from a recognized University with 50 % marks.(OR) Mariners holding the following professional qualification obtained after a minimum duration of study-cum-training of 6 years after 10+2 leading to:
a) Master Foreign Going Certificate of Competency.(OR)
b) First Class Motor or Steam or Combined (Chief Engineer) Certificate of Competency issued by the Directorate General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, Government of India or its counterparts in other countries. Gender -Boys and Girls are eligible to apply
Registration of Seats :
Candidates should submit duly filled application forms along with DD of amount Rs.10,000 drawn in favour of “International Maritime Academy”, payable at Chennai for registration of seats.
M.B.A fee Structure – Regular
Tution Fees Rs. 40,000/ Semester
M.B.A fee Structure – Distance Education
Tution Fees Rs. 20,000/ Semester